Yorkshire Evening Post – Monday 06 September 1937
Baby Girl Dies From Gas Poisoning
Conisborough Mother Found Unconscious
A baby girl has died, and her mother is ill, as a result of gassing tragedy at Conlsborough.
The child was Sylvia Rantzen, aged two years 11 months, daughter of Mr. Woolf Barnato Rantzen and Mrs. Sylvia Gertrude Rantzen of Northcllffe Road, Conlsborough. She died at Fullerton Hospital. Denaby last night.
Mr Rantzen. who had been away in Manchester since Friday, returned home yesterday and found his wife, who is aged 39, and the baby in bed, suffering from gas poisoning.
The child was taken so hospital and Mrs. Rantzen who was unconscious, was treated at home by Dr. D. N. Bell. Mrs. Rantzen and the child were have gone to Cleethorpes on Saturday.
Mrs Rantzen is a member of a well-known Conisborough family. Her father, Mr Joseph Drabble, of Blyth House. Northcliffe Road, Is a former member of Contsborough Urban Council.