Mexborough and Swinton Times, July 30 1897
Denaby Main Cottage Hospital.
A meeting of the subcommittee appointed by the general committee, consisting of Messrs W. H. Chambers (director of the company). John Nolan, Charles Edward Tennant (representing the Denaby miners), George Butcher, George Henry Hurst (Cadeby miners) Joe Marsland (Cadeby surface men) J. Weston (treasurer). H. L. Smethurst (architect) and H. S. Witty (secretary).
It was held at the general officers of the Denaby and Cadeby collieries, and it was decided to lay the scheme proposed viz. “The provision and maintenance of a cottage hospital for the two collieries and immediate neighbourhood” favourably before the workmen.
A letter was read from Mr B Pope in which he expressed a wish to do everything in his power to forward the scheme. The architect was instructed to prepare plans and specifications subject of maintenance was discussed with a view to lay before the miners and servicemen as complete a scheme as possible.