South Yorkshire Times, February 4, 1967
Former Vicar of Denaby
The Rev. S. Powley, vicar of Denaby from 1927 to 1944, has become rector of Foulness.
Mr Powley left Denaby to take a living at Plaistow, London, later he became vicar of Billericay and the few years ago he went into semi retirement, moving to Thorpe Bay and becoming Chaplain to Schubert garrison church.
Towards the end of last year Mrs Powley died.
The new rector was instituted to the Parish of Foulness by the Bishop of Chelmsford and inducted by the Archdeacon of Southend.