South Yorkshire Times April 13, 1957
Nearing Completion at Conisbrough
Work on the new Memorial Chapel in Conisbrough St Peter’s Church is now nearing completion and it is expected that the chapel, in memory of the Fallen in the last war, will be completed in the near future.
Since the fund for the chapel was opened over £2,668 has been raised. Of this £1,800 already been spent on the first part of the scheme, the installation of the new organ, now in use. The rest of the money and probably more, will be needed for the chapel.
The new Chapel is to occupy the space at the east end of the north aisle which was left vacant by the removal of the old pipe organ. The altar of the chapel will be the ancient stone mensa from the south aisle, place on a circular wooden base and situated in approximately the middle of the floor space of the chapel.