South Yorkshire Times, May 10, 1947
Conisbrough still has 24 evacuees out of the 1500 who were received into the Urban district during the war from London, Liverpool, Plymouth, Devonport, Sheffield, Hall, Brighton, Ipswich, Felixstowe and Aldeburgh.
The majority returned home in 1944 and 1945, these 24, comprising four families, are still accommodated in The Priory and Lowfield House.
They have no homes to which they can return: their homes were destroyed in the various blitzes.
They have been received into the life of Conisbrough and become acclimatised to our Yorkshire ways.