March 6″`, 1847
New Organ for Conisbrough Parish Church
For some time past, several of the inhabitants of this ancient village have been using exertions to raise, by subscription, a fund for the purpose of procuring an organ for the church.
They have at length so far succeeded, that Messrs. Forster and Andrews, the eminent organ builders, of Hull, have been fixed upon to do the work, which is expected to he finished before Whitsumide.
The organ is to contain six complete stops and two half stops, and will be constructed in such a manner as to admit with facility any additions which may be necessary to render it a very efficient instrument.