South Yorkshire Times June 3, 1950
Miss E Townsend (Denaby)
and Mr J Wilburn (Mexborough)
at Denaby Parish Church
The wedding took place at Denaby Parish Church on Saturday, the Vicar, the Rev. A. V. Roebuck, officiating, of Miss Emmie Townsend, daughter of Mrs. and the late Mr. H. Townsend, 45, Blythe Street, Denaby, and Mr. John Bernard Wilburn, son of Mr. and the late Mrs. W. Wilburn, 11, Hallgate, Mexborough. Mr. P. Webb was organist.
Given away by her uncle, Mr. J. W. Riley, the bride, who carried a hymn and prayer book, wore pink crepe de Chine, trimmed with broderie anglais, and a pink straw bonnet, trimmed with ribbon. She also wore a spray of cream roses and was attended by Mrs. Elizabeth Townsend and Miss Shirley Riley, in pale blue two-pieces with straw , hats and accessories to match, and by Miss Christine Haines, in peach 1 silk and a floral head-dress. They all wore pink carnations.
Mr. Harry Wilburn was best man and Messrs. S. Jackson and G. Townsend were groomsmen. A reception was held at the Reresby Arms Hotel, and the honeymoon is being spent in London, the bride travelling In a petrol green coat and hat with black accessories.