Drunk at Denaby

July 1890

Mexborough & Swinton Times – Friday 04 July 1890

Drunk at Kilnhurst

John Bloor, miner, of Kilnhurst, was summoned for being drank on the highway at Kilnhurst, on the 14th June.

P.c. Watson stated that about half-past ten o’clock on the night of the 14th June he was in duty at Kilnhurst, when he saw the defendant in the street in a very drunken condition. His wife was endeavouring to get him home.

Defendant was fined 3s. and costs.

Drunk at Swinton

Eli Clegg, of Adwick Sidings, was fined 3s. and costs for being drank at Swinton, on the 14th June.

Police Sergeant Woods deposed to se. the defendant when in White Lea road. Swinton. He was drunk and was behaving in a disorderly manner.

George Stoker, miner, of Bow Broom, Swinton, who was represented by his wife, was mulcted in a penalty of 5s and costs for having being drunk on the morning of the 15th June.

Police Constable Hewitt found the defendant lying drank in a public yard at Bow-Broom.

Thomas Wilson miner, of Swinton, was summoned for having been drunk on the 15th June

P.c. Hewitt stated that shout 11.20 p.m., on the 18th June, when on duty in company with Constable Hanby, at Swinton, be saw the defendant walking on the road along with another man known by the name of “Doctor.” Defendant was drunk and made use of bad language.

The magistrates imposed a fine of 8s. and costs.

Drunk at West Melton

Charles Wilkinson, miner, of Orchard Place, West Melton, was summoned for having been found drunk at Wath on the 15th Jane.

P.c. Oxley gave evidence. He said he was on duty in Barnsley Rd, Wath, at 9-15 p.m. on the 15th ult. He saw the defendant very drunk and making use of bad language. He was also wanting to fight. Ultimately he use taken home by his brother.

Fined 5s and costs.

Drunk at Denaby

Ds James Dalton, Durkin, and Michael Coyne, miners, of Denaby, were summoned for having been drunk at Denaby on the 15th ult.

Defendants did not appear.

P.c. Midgely proved the case.

Each defendant was fined 5s. and costs.

Drunk at Wath

James Uttley, miner, of Newhill, was fined 3s for being drunk at Wath on 17th June.

Defendant pleaded guilty.

Arthur Hargreaves and Herbert Winder, trammers, of Wath, were each ordered to pay 5s and costs for being drunk on 14 June.

Arthur Hargreaves, and Barry Mangham, trammers, of Cemetery-road, were summoned for a like offense on the 15th ult.

P.c. Smith proved the case.

Mangham, who had previously been convicted, was fined 7s. 6d. and costs, and Hargreaves was ordered to pay 5s and costs.