South Yorkshire Times Nov 12, 1955
Conisbrough’s Armistice day parade set off from the Welfare Institute on Sunday morning, paraded to the Wesley Church for a short service and then proceeded to the War Memorial for another service.
The Wesley Church service was conducted by the Rev. R. E. Kendall and the Vicar, the Rev. G. F. Braithwaite, took the service at the war memorial.
The parade was led by the Royal Artillery T.A. contingent, followed by members of the U.D.C. Others taking part were the British Legion, Police and Special Constabulary, Fire Service, Conisbrough St. John Ambulance, Denaby St. John Ambulance, Nursing Cadets, St. John Ambulance Cadet Band, Don and Dearne Scouts, Conisbrough Chamber of Trade, Conisbrough Cricket Club, Ivanhoe Cycling Club and the Ivanhoe W.M.C.
Wreaths were laid for the following killed during the war: Petty Officer T. Randall; Sgt. K. Jones; L.A.C. H. Colbear; Sapper L. Roberts; Sgt. Wood; John Kelly and Mr. McGrath of the Legion. Wreaths were laid by Mr. N. Hare for the Home Guard, Mr. R. E. Downing for the Chamber of Trade, Councillor G. Cheshire for the U.D.C. And by Mr. A. Bowmon.