Census 1901 – Denaby – Cliff View
The houses in Cliff View were built in 3 phases, the first had 3 rooms upstairs, 3 rooms downstairs, a small backyard with outside toilet and coalplace. They were built in 1 block of 9 and 4 blocks of 10 houses in 1868.
The ‘lodging houses’ on ‘Woodside View’ were next and had originally 6 rooms upstairs and 4 rooms downstairs, the block of 4 houses was built in 1900.
In 1935 the houses were sub-divided and made into a block of 8 houses, which had 3 rooms upstairs, 2 rooms downstairs, a large rear yard with outside toilet and coalplace. the last to be built had 2 rooms upstairs, 2 rooms downstairs a small backyard with outside toilet and coalplace they were built in 4 blocks of 10 houses in 1906.
Water was installed in 1902 or when the house was built. Gas supplied by the Colliery Co. was used from 1878 or 1906 to 1951 when electricity was installed.
Demolition of the houses took place during 1969 and 1970.