Mexborough & Swinton Times – Saturday 20 November 1920
Conisboro’ Local Heroes’ Fund.
(Registered under the War Charities Act, 1916).
The Committee of the above are now preparing a List of the names of the men to be inscribed on the Monument to be erected in the Coronation Park, Conisboro’. Friends and relatives of men from Conisboro’. Denaby Main (that part within the Parish of Conisboro’), Butterbusk, ‘Crookhill, Clifton, and Conisboro’ Park. (if not already included in the List prepared from the names previously sent in), who lost their lives in the War, are requested to furnish the names thereof to the undersigned as early as possible.
The List referred to may be inspected, and the names given in at “The Laurels,” Conisborough (the Office of the undersigned), up to and not later than Saturday, the 4th day of December, 1920. Names not in the possession of the Committee by the date mentioned cannot be recorded on the Memorial.
Jesse Hill, Hon. Secretary.
” The Laurels,” Elm Green Lane,