South Yorkshire times, August 1.
Conisbrough pavilion Opening.
Conisbrough Cricket Club have been using their new £1700 pavilion all this season, but the premises, will not be officially opened until Sunday, August 16, when after the official ceremonially, Conisbrough will play local rivals Denaby and Cadeby.
It is expected that the place of Denaby second 11 players, will not be available for the match will be filled by Yorkshire Council team members.
The premises comprise a brick built pavilion, stripping rooms at each end and a refreshment room in between. At the rear are a committee room and toolshed.
In the refreshments room an electric clock has been erected. This had been given by the Thompson family in memory of their father, Mr Arthur Thompson, of Highfield road, Conisbrough, one of the club’s most devoted stalwarts.
A plaque, bearing the commemoration details, has been made by a club member, Mr Douglas Turner.