Sheffield Daily Telegraph – Wednesday 26 June 1912
Damage at Conisborough.
A house on Northcliffe Road, Conisborough, which had an iron chimney-stack, was struck by lightning yesterday.
A good deal of damage was done throughout the house, and upstairs the fireplace was removed to the centre of the room. The plaster came off the walls, and a hole was bored right through cricket bag. A girl in the house received a shock, but she soon recovered.
Two cottage houses Low Valley, and two at Darfield Main were also damaged. The chimneys and roof were knocked down, but one was hurt.
In some places hail stones as big marbles lay two inches deep on the ground.