Denaby Main – Top end

Balby Street

The houses in Balby Street had 3 rooms upstairs, 3 rooms downstairs and 2 cellars. There was a small front yard and a small back yard with outside toilet. They were built in 1 block of 6, 1 block of 8, 4 blocks of 9and 4 blocks of 10 houses in 1895. Water was installed in 1902. Gas supplied by the Colliery Company was used from 1895 to 1951 when electricity was inbstalled. The houses were demolished in 1972 Photo : W.Balmforth