Five Year Old dies of Shock Following Scalds

February 1929

Sheffield Daily Telegraph – Saturday 23 February 1929

A verdict of “Accidental Death” was returned at the inquest Denaby. yesterday, on Albert Fox (5), son of Abraham Fox, a miner, of Northcliffe Road, Oonisborough, who died at the Fullerton Hospital, Denaby, on Wednesday, from shock following scalds.

It was stated by the mother that the child was standing on a stool when it overbalanced and fell on cepenful of boiling water, which fell on the child.