South Yorkshire Times July 10, 1948
Inducted – Reverend C.L. Ward
At the age of 32, the Reverend C.L. Ward, son of Mr and Mrs A Ward, Minney Moor Lane, Conisbrough has been inducted by the Bishop of Blackburn to the living of Ashton on Ribble, Preston.
Mr Ward, who in 1945 was appointed the Bishop of Blackburn’s chaplain for youth, has a modern church, with seating accommodation for 700, and a modern vicarage.
Included in the parish is also a mission church for seamen at Preston Docks.
Mr Ward, whose father is an underground official at Denaby Main Colliery, was educated at Morley Place and Conisbrough Modern Schools and at Mexborough Grammar School.
At one time he was in the surveying department of Denaby and Cadeby Main Collieries, but in 1936 entered Lichfield Theological College. College. In 1939 he was ordained deacon by Dr L. H. Burrows, then Bishop of Sheffield, Andy 1940 was ordained priest Parkgate by the present Bishop of the dioceses Doctor L.S. Hunter. He held curacies at Parkgate, Rossington and Taunton (Somerset)