South Yorkshire Times, October 20th, 1951
The election of District Councillors next year will take place on Saturday, May 10th.
The value of salvage sold in Conisbrough and Denaby during September was £15 15s.
A Collection in Conisbrough and Denaby at the week-end raised £34 12s towards the Jamaica Hurricane Relief Fund.
An application from Thurnscoe Institute Cricket Club asking for the use of an angle-dozer owned by Conisbrough Urban Council has been rejected by the Council.
Garments displayed at two mannequin parades in Doncaster included a replica of a dress worn by Princess Elizabeth a month ago.
The West Riding County Council have been asked to approve a request from Barnbrough Parish Council that the name of the parish be changed from Barnbrough to Barnburgh.
The West Riding County Council Health Committee are seeking approval to spend £1,670 in addition to an approved £5,000 on the adaption of outbuildings at Dunford House, Wath, for use as an ambulance depot.
The Common Seal of Conisbrough Urban Council is to be affixed to the necessary documents to secure the sum of £49,000 for housing purposes from the Public Works Board with £20,000 as the first advance.