South Yorkshire Times February 5,1966
Shopping In Conisbrough and Denaby.
One firm who has been in Conisbrough, in one form or another for many years are Warburtons’ bakers.
The shop was owned by a relative of the present owners from the early 1900’s, and changed its name from Crowcroft’s to Warburtons’ in 1935 or ’36.
The firm do their own baking and cake making, buying only sliced bread from other sources. There are five other shops in the proprietorship of the firm.