South Yorkshire Times March 24, 1951
A member of Mexborough Trades Council, Conisbrough Council Housing Committee, and the National Federation of Building Trades Operatives, Mr. Albert Edward James was married at Mexborough Parish Church on Saturday.
His bride was Miss Marjorie Bennett, youngest daughter of Mr. and Mrs Walter Bennett, of 44, Morton Road, Mexborough. Mr. James is the eldest son of Mr. and Mrs A.E. James, 15 Hameline Rd, Conisbrough
The wedding was solemnised by the Reverend A.J. Bishop and Mr. L. Fletcher was organist.
The bride, given away by her lather, was in a heavy white satin gown with broad sash, and neckline trimmed with lace. Veil and wreath were trimmed with orange blossom, and she carried red carnations. She was attended by Misses Joan Chambers. Theresa Knight, Jean Hudson, Barbara Stanley and Joan Williams.
Two of the bridesmaids were in heavy, turquoise blue crepe, two in crepe and the fifth in white figured lace. Four carried pink tulips, and the smallest bridesmaid carried a posy of anemones.
Mr Arthur Browning was best man and groomsmen were Messrs. George James and Joseph Good. A reception was held In the Parish Hall.
The bride’s mother was in a mustard coat with brown accessories and the bridegroom’s mother was in a brown tweed coat with brown accessories.