Mexborough and Swinton Times October 14, 1938
At Conisborough Parish Church on Saturday. Miss Irene Brown, second daughter of Mrs. and the late. Mr. R. Brown, Northcliffe Road. Conisborough, was married by the Vicar, the Rev. H. Trevor Eddershaw, to Mr. John Hargreaves, second son of Mr. and Mrs. T. Hargreaves, Edlington Street, Denaby.
The bride, who was given away by her brother, Mr. Walter Brown was gowned in blue silk, with a blue net veil and a wreath of orange blossom. She carried a shower bouquet of white chrysanthemums.
The dame of honour was Mrs. A. Dryden, in mauve satin and Miss Sheila Brown was bridesmaid, dressed in green satin. Both carried bronze chrysanthemums.
There were four small attendants. Beryl Lunn and Freda Coxedge in green ankle-length dresses, Edith Griffiths, in a lemon ankle-length dress, and Audrey Hillin in a short blue dress. They all carried white chrysanthemums. The best man was Mr. Fred Hargreaves and the groomsman Mr. Dennis Brown.