Mexborough & Swinton Times – Friday 05 August 1932
Two members of local elementary school staffs were married at Denaby Parish Church, on Saturday by the Rev. S. Powley.
Miss Ida Dawson, of the Balby Street School, Conisborough, youngest daughter of Mrs. ,A. E. Dawson and the late Mr. A. H. Dawson, Tickhill Square, Denaby; and Mr. Walter Hinchliffe, of the Great Houghton School, olddest son of Mr. and Mrs. R. Hinchliffe, 101, Houghton Road, Thurnscoe. The service was choral, with Mr. George Blenkiron at the organ, and the hymn, “O perfect love” was sung.
Mr. Charles Dawson (brother), gave the bride away, and she was attended by Misses Marjorie Murgatroyd, Phyllis Dawson and Audrey Boot. The bridal gown was of ivory charmeuse with full skirt and cowl effect, and bishop’s sleeves and she carried tea roses. The elder maids wore beige floral georgette and coronets, and old leaves, and the junior ivory crepe suede and coronet of silver leaves. The former carried vari-coloured sweet peas and the little girl rea roses.
The bridegroom presented to the elder maids silver and ruby necklets, and to the junior maid a silver and coral bracelet. Mr. Frank Hoyland was best man, and Ronald Boot and Jack Hinchliffe, groomsmen.
The bride’s mother received the guests at the reception in navy georgette and lace, with coatee and hat to tone. The bridegroom’s mother wore saxe blue crepe suede trimmed with fawn.
Among the gifts were silver fruit set and cut glass marmalade jar from the infant dept. of the Balby Street School, and an electric light bowl and silver mounted jam pot from the Great Houghton School.