Mexborough & Swinton Times, September 1939
At Denaby Main Parish Church on Saturday, the wedding was solemnized between Miss Edith Kelsall, second daughter of Mrs. G. E. Hulse and the late Mr. J. W. Kelsall, of Maltby Street, Denaby Main, and Mr. Harold Rich, eldest son of Mr. and Mrs. H. T. Rich, of 21 Welfare Avenue, Conisborough.
The service which was choral, was conducted by the Vicar, the Rev. S. Powley. Mrs. W. Levers at the organ played appropriate music. The hymns sung were “Lead us, heavenly Father lead us,” and “0 perfect love.” The bride was given away by her step-father, Mr. G. E. Hulse, and was neatly attired in a dress of mystic lace, with an under-dress of lace and taffeta, the collar and skirt being cut in Victorian style, with tight fitting sleeves. She wore a long embroidered veil, with orange blossom and pearl trimmings, and her jewels consisted of a double string of pearls (kindly lent by Mrs. H. Cranidge). She had a shower bouquet of red roses and fern.
Her attendants were Miss Kathline Dumont and Miss G. Rich and they were dressed in pale blue silk taffeta, with pink velvet trimmings.