Mexborough and Swinton Times August 17, 1888
Wedding at Conisborough
On Wednesday morning last the pretty little village of Conisbro was astir with the marriage of a young couple whose families are well-known and highly respected by all.
The ceremony took place at the early hour of half past nine at the Wesleyan Chapel, Conisborough, the bride being Miss Nelly Morley, youngest daughter of the late Mr George Morley, builder of Conisborough, and the bridegroom Mr William Heywood Appleyard, son of Mr George Appleyard, upholsterer, Conisborough.
The chapel, with which the bride and bridegroom have been intimately connected for a number of years, was crowded by the friends and relatives of each family, and event was looked upon with uncommon interest by them.
The bride looked very pretty in a dress of cream cashmere, and a cream hat, carrying in her hand a beautiful bouquet. The bridesmaids, Miss Kate Morley and Miss constant Appleyard, attracted almost equal attention in pink cashmere dresses and pink lace hats.
The bride was given away by her uncle Mr John Morley, the officiating clergyman being the Reverend J Smallwood, resident Minister.
During the service hymns were sung by the choir and children belonging to the Wesleyan Sunday School, the bride having been not only a teacher in the Sunday school but a member, for a considerable time, of the chapel choir.
The wedding party retired from the chapel amid the strains of the “Wedding March,” and the usual showers of rice and other tokens of good luck; Mr Bateson and Mr Sharp officiated as organists.
The wedding breakfast was partaken of at the house of the bride by a numerous company of relatives and friends, and after the customary good wishes of long life, health and happiness, the newly married pair left for the Isle of Man; their future residents will be Claremont Terrace.