Mexborough & Swinton Times, September 1939
Nuptial Mass was celebrated at St. Alban’s Catholic Church on Saturday for the wedding of Miss Mary Quinn, eldest daughter of Mrs. and the late Mr. Michael Quinn, of Edlington Street, Denaby, to Mr Edward Collins, youngest son of Mr. and Mrs. Edward Collins, of Denaby Avenue, Conanby, Conisborough.
The ceremony was performed by Father J. Holohan (parish priest), assisted by Father George Hinchliffe (curate), and the bride, who was given away by her brother, Mr. Michael Quinn, was attired in a gown of white satin, and wore a net veil with a wreath of orange blossom. She carried a shower bouquet of white lilies, and was attended by Misses Katie Quinn (sister), Joan Quinn (sister), Lilian Maffin (niece) and Margaret and Eileen Collins (sisters of the bridegroom), all of whom were in white taffeta dresses with pink shoulder veils.
Attendants were Pat Fallon and Molly Collins (nieces of the bride), in white taffets, and a three-year-old page boy, John Fallon (nephew of the bridegroom), in white satin, presented the bride with a silver horseshoe as she left the church after the ceremony. Both bridesmaids and attendants- carried bouquels of sweet peas. Mr. John Collins (brother of the bridegroom) was best man and Messrs. Toni Mc Gagh (friend of the bridegroom), George Madin (nephew of the bride) and Martin O’Neil (friend of the bridegroom) were groomsman.