Soldier – Bond C.D. – Died of Gas Poisoning (picture)

August 1917

Mexboerough and Swinton Times,August 25, 1917

Private C.D.Bond (K.O.Y.L.I.),

Denaby Man, Died of Gas Poisoning

Private Bond of 22 Loversall Street, Denaby Main died of gas poisoning on July 25 in France.

He was a reservist, and had served throughout the war, but only went to France last December.

He was a married man with two children, and was formerly employed at the Cadeby colliery.

His brother, Private Frank Bond, is in a London hospital with wounds.

From C.W.G.C.:

Private
BOND, C D
Service Number 203153
Died 25/07/1917
1st/4th Bn.
King’s Own Yorkshire Light Infantry

MONT HUON MILITARY CEMETERY, LE TREPORT

1 thought on “Soldier – Bond C.D. – Died of Gas Poisoning (picture)

  1. Derek Jones

    I was proud today to receive a British Legion Somme 100 Centenary Edition pin made from the brass shells fired together with some crushed soil from the Somme which commemorates the life of PRIVATE C D BOND, KING’S OWN YORKSHIRE LIGHT INFANTRY, SERVICE NO. 14190.
    WE WILL REMEMBER THEM.

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.