Mexborough & Swinton Times – Saturday 13 July 1940
Miss Annie Bailey, youngest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. James Bailey. 1, Quaker Lane. Warmsworth, was, married on Saturday to Mr. Frank Edward Neale, eldest son of Mr. and Mrs. George Neale. 8, Willow Street, Conisborough, at the Parish Church, Conisbrough, the Vicar, Canon H. T. Eddershaw, officiating.
The bride, who was given away by her father, wore a gown of blue satin beaute with blue veil and shoes to match, and long mittens of blue lace. She wore a wreath and carried red roses.
The bridesmaids, Miss Lillian Alport, of Conisborough and Miss Margaret Hill, of Balby, had dresses of pink flowered taffeta and wore coronets. The bridesmaids’ bouquets were sweet peas and pink carnations. Sheila Wheldon and Mary Bailey, nieces of the bride, were small attendants and wore dresses of plain pink satin beaute and coronets. They also carried sweet peas and pink carnations.
The best man was Mr. George Neale, brother of the bridegroom, and Mr. Frederick Parker, Balby, nephew of the bride. was groomsman. The bride’s mother wore a dress of black georgette, with hat, shoes and gloves to match. The bridegroom’s mother wore a two piece of blue georgette with shoes and gloves.